We build tech companies from scratch by bringing together bold ideas, co-founders, operational support and investment capital.
Digital Product Designer
Digital Product Designer
We're looking for a digital product designer who loves to build SaaS products at our startup studio.
About the job
To further strengthen our studio team, we’re looking for a product designer who will set the design language and overall tech products look & feel for our current and future portfolio companies. As an essential part of our studio team, you’ll work together with all of our companies and be part of the larger We Are Builders studio team. Our team takes great pride in working together, sharing knowledge and helping each other when necessary. We believe our products should be as simple as possible to use, enhancing daily life at work.
We are looking for someone who feels at home in the changing software world, who wants to build high-quality digital products with us and who will preserve our quality standards. You are the person who loves to experiment, follows the trends but knows how to design a great timeless product.
As part of our team, you will work closely with our founders to turn their inspirations and needs into a designed experience that is aligned with their vision. Since we are building new startups every year, you will develop the visual identities for our new companies, setting up design systems and lead the design process for the actual software-products. It is important to set up a strong design language and framework so it can be handed over to our startup companies. Therefore your role will also include handling the design transfer to our development and startup teams.
Our studio has an agile mindset and works in sprints; this means that all design and development will be delivered iteratively so we can learn and make the best decisions. This reflects in designing and building rapid prototypes tested together with our team and end-users. Everyone gets the opportunity to give feedback, and collectively we determine a strategy on how we roll out new features to our users.
- You can translate the vision of a founder into unique designs.
- You will bring or design a workflow that will set the future for product development within the studio, and allows you to work on multiple products at once.
- You know your way around design tools like Sketch, Figma, Framer and Adobe suite.
- You are able to design a visual identity for our future companies from scratch.
- You feel comfortable around web and native mobile products.
- What you do not know yet, you’ll try figure out by yourself or ask for help.
- While product design is your core activity, you also are eager to help us with other design-related tasks such as designing a pitch deck.
- You believe in user-friendly software and always try to pursue this in any way.
- You know that the roadmap is not set in stone and can deal with change.
- You don’t keep things bottled up and prefer to talk about things.
- You have a European passport or a valid long-term visa for The Netherlands;
- You have 5+ years of professional experience with preferably some international exposure;
- You are fluent in English, Dutch is a plus.
We offer a diverse, challenging and independent position with plenty of room for personal interpretation in an innovative, professional and growing organization. Other perks of the job include:
- A competitive salary based on skills and expertise;
- Personal development and compensation plan;
- Flexible working hours, the team works from 6h-9h to 15h-19h ish;
- Annual contract with prospect of a permanent deal at the studio or our portfolio companies;
- NS business card and 25 holiday days;
- Certification, training and reimbursement of study costs;
- Daily fresh fruit, snacks, unlimited coffee;
- An inspiring workplace, next to Rotterdam central station;
- Fun company events, weekly Friday drinks and amazing studio merchandise.
Curious to see what we like in product design? Check out what we like on Dribble or visit our portfolio companies Influentials and IPS.
We put great effort in creating an inspiring workplace. A workplace to support a culture where people want to be part of. We strive to create a work environment where people can grow towards their full potential and even beyond. Of course, we are eager to partner with the most talented minds in the field, but we are also looking for a mutual fit. This is why we’ve included the following steps in our hiring process:
3. Onsite interview
4. Psychometric test
5. Co-working day