Marktplaats & 2dehands
There are tulips, cheese, the dam square and Marktplaats! We help our customers to buy and sell in 5 minutes with a smile :-)
Senior Product Designer
Marktplaats & 2dehands
Senior Product Designer
We're looking for a Senior Product Designer who likes to help our sellers to become more successful on our platform.
About the job
Marktplaats in The Netherlands, and 2dehands and 2ememain in Belgium, are part of Adevinta: a global online classifieds specialist. The three brands are hosted on a multi-tenant platform, operated from our Amsterdam location, and are the top players in the classifieds space throughout the Benelux region.
We offer consumers the opportunity to trade their unwanted products and contribute to a greener, circular economy. We offer businesses - of all sizes, from the smallest hobbyist to the biggest brands in Benelux - a platform to showcase their goods and services online to over 11 million monthly unique users.
Adevinta is recognised as a sustainability leader and is one of only six companies listed in the Media & Entertainment industry group on the Dow Jones Sustainability Index (DJSI) Europe.
What you’ll do:
You’ll work as a Product Designer in our Product Design & Research team alongside 13 highly skilled professionals.
Our passion for design helps us keep things simple to make Marktplaats and 2dehands products that our users love. Besides being part of the Product Design & Research team, you will work in the cross-functional Sellers team focussing on creating the best experience for our regular and business sellers. You’ll collaborate with a product manager, developers, data analysts, marketing, customer service and more to help our sellers be as successful in selling their products as possible.
- Own all aspects of the design process within the Sellers team and design delightful and effective solutions, using a structured design approach
- Drive decision-making by using quantitative and qualitative research methods, and testing prototypes and hypotheses and running A/B experiments
- Present your ideas, process and design solutions regularly to peers, the Sellers team and leadership if needed
- Define, communicate and execute a design vision and strategy which delivers on the strategic objectives of the Sellers team
- Use your skills, e.g. leading workshops, to effectively align the team around a vision and approach
- Collaborate with your design peers, asking for and giving feedback to grow as a team and community
What you’ll get from us:
- Opportunity to shape the way we work. Your feedback and opinions are valued at all levels of the organisation
- Benefits including private health insurance, stock purchase plan and bonus
- Flexibility to work when and how you want - flexible hours, autonomy to set your own agenda, choice of phone and computer
- Smart Working Policy - work remotely some of the time, balanced with time in the office together with your team - between 5 and 45 days per quarter in the office
- ‘Work from anywhere’ weeks - up to four weeks working from anywhere, as long as you have an internet connection!
- Career development, including language classes and Adevinta Academies: specialised content built by our experts on Machine Learning, Agile, Leadership and more
- 26 days of holidays
- Commuter allowance
- Subsidised gym membership + monthly massage
- Life insurance, retirement plan and generous family leave
Adevinta is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability status.
- You have at least 5+ years of experience in the digital design field
- You're an EU citizen, or you have currently a resident permit/VISA in the Netherlands and you are currently a resident of The Netherlands
- You're fluent in English (written and spoken)
- You love design and your passion feeds into your work
- You’re a strong communicator and can effectively present complex information in a clear way to a variety of audiences
- You’re comfortable working in a cross-functional team
- You’re able to influence, drive decision-making and build alignment within and outside your team
- You’re flexible and enjoy leading in a complex environment with challenging requirements
- You’re a great collaborator and apply strong stakeholder management skills to balance user and business needs
Please provide with your CV also a document or a link with your portfolio.
Apply to job
No items found.
View all jobs
View all internships