Bakken & Bæck
We’re a digital studio based in Oslo, Bonn, Amsterdam and London. We define, design and develop all things digital.
Bakken & Bæck
We're looking for a UX designer for our team in Amsterdam
About the job
When we are not making world-class digital products, we are dedicated to making a friendly and inclusive workplace. We do trips, conferences and events together on a regular basis, and we are always committed to cultivate a company that embraces differences. We strongly believe in flexibility, and know that creativity doesn’t necessarily always happen between 9 and 5. At Bakken & Bæck you’ll be given a lot of freedom while translating complicated problems into easy-to-use products. This means managing your own priorities, trying out new things and working a flexible hours' scheme.
Design is at the heart of everything we do.
As a UX Designer on our team, you’ll be involved in strategy and concept development, researching user and business needs, and designing elegant, easy-to-use solutions to meet those needs. Together with product managers you'll play a key part in seeing a project through: from the very first brief to launch and beyond. Within the team your role will focus heavily (but not exclusively) on the early stages of the process - defining the product, working with clients to define scope, and deep dive into user research.
We’re looking for someone who enjoys tackling complex problems, and designing smart and simple solutions. Thinking beyond the ideal user flow and designing for real-world scenarios is important to us, as is being a team player who can collaborate well with developers, clients, and other designers.
- Designing user flows and interactions for complex digital products.
Experience working with every phase of the product design process:
- Leading interviews and workshops to understand customer needs and stakeholder goals
- Using your insights to help define a scope and strategy for the product
- Working with others to translate your designs into detailed mockups and high-level prototypes
- Creating and conducting user tests to validate and improve your designs
Furthermore, you have:
- Strong communication skills: you can explain and document your process, present your work and communicate your design decisions.
- Proficiency in Sketch/Figma and have the ability to see what tools fit the job.
Bonus if you have an interest in and/or experience with:
- Writing UX copy
- Running smaller projects by yourself
- Working with AR/VR/Machine learning
Get in touch with Ianthe Bato (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Palak Bisen (email@example.com) in case you have any questions!