BYBORRE is the Amsterdam based textile platform for bespoke and responsible textiles.
Creative Director (Textiles)
Creative Director (Textiles)
Creative Director (Textiles) at BYBORRE
About the job
At BYBORRE we’re growing rapidly into the platform for custom and responsibly produced textiles. We call it BYBORRE Create™ and it’s already serving a wide variety of leading brands. Next to that we design and distribute our own Editions™ which serves as a showcase of what is possible with our textiles, ultimately inspiring creators to develop textiles with us. To further grow our brands, and thereby the textile industry as we know it today, we are looking for a Creative Concept Director to conceptualize, create internal and external projects through the creation process of our textiles.
To be successful in this role, you should be able to conceive and bring to life conceptual ideas for textiles, translate key client R&D ideas into reality and manage the process with the CCO, review and advise on Create™ clients’ artworks and swatches throughout the process, work cross-functionally across the Creative, Knit Lab and MarCom teams to bring new exciting textile concepts to life.
Ultimately, you will be responsible for inspiring, delighting and elevating our fabric development/evolution and clients briefs. Through the creation of new concepts and realisation of innovation you will service clients who share our ideology to develop textiles from the yarn up and inviting conscious design decisions. Your goal is to inspire creators to make better textiles for the products we use everyday and share that philosophy with the world.
What you'll be doing
On a day-to-day basis, you will be responsible for:
- As creative mastermind you will work together with our founder - Borre Akkersdijk - as his creative right hand.
- Concept, create and visualize, pitch, present creative stories for BYBORRE (textiles) according to client brief, product road map, Editions™, Create™ and R&D developments.
- Lead the decision making process in the creative reviews, giving clear feedback, when reviewing and developing R&D and Create™ clients textile requests. (digital and textile)
- Prepare fabric/colour concepts (Select color palettes, suggest yarn and knit type combinations, functionality together with the specialists in the teams) and directions, based on R&D client briefs for CCO review/discussions.
- Work with and support CCO as right hand person in the day-to-day development process within the business.
- Present concept and design ideas to key R&D clients when required.
- Guide knit designers in the development of graphic elements.
- Color matching yarns with designs to create textile/artwork options.
- Create concept and fabric presentations for key R&D clients.
- Work with MarCom and Create™ teams to bring alive textile concepts.
- Contribute to Editions™ concept brainstorms.
What we're looking for in the ideal candidate. Not all of these are must haves, so please take the leap to get in touch even if you don't feel you meet all criteria:
- 8-10 years design experience in design and as a creative lead not limited to experience in Textile Design/Garment Design or related fields.
- Strong ability to think conceptually and translate and manifest into reality.
- Excellent sense and ability to work with colour/patterns.
- Complete understanding of color theory and color relationships in creating textiles.
- Strong ability to flex between concept, creative and technical design.
- Expertise and highly skilled with Adobe suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign).
- Extensive knowledge of, design techniques, artworks set up requirements, fabric properties and yarns.
- Extremely detail-orientated, with strong organisational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects with cross-disciplinary.
- Requires strong interpersonal, problem solving and presentation skills.
- Must stay up to date on the latest design trends.
- Motivated to bring change and join purpose driven adventures.
- Extended network of design connections.
Apply to job
No items found.
View all jobs
View all internships