Vlisco is a Dutch design and textile printing company since 1846.
A Content Manager with at least experience in a international fashion or marketing environment and experience in managing a team.
About the job
- Serve as editor-in-chief for all content, to ensure quality, clarity, and consistency.
- Brief the creative team (internal or external) on concepts and review their work.
- Discuss created content and planning with the entire marketing department.
- Inform other departments about the concept and creation process.
- Collect, monitor and analyze the results and effectiveness of campaigns.
- Manage your team on a day-to-day basis. Your team consists of one Content Developer, two Graphic Designers, one Multimedia Designer and one Copywriter.
- A Bachelor or a Master degree related to Marketing Communication or Brand Management.
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in an international, marketing or fashion environment.
- At least 3 years’ experience in managing a team.
- Experience with budget control.
- Knowledge of the African market is an advantage.
- Fluent in Dutch and English, knowledge of the French language is an advantage.
What we offer
In addition to a competitive salary, a 38-hour working week, holiday allowance and an extra 13th-month salary, you will be part of the creative team within Vlisco where there is never a dull moment and a lot of opportunities to grow.
Vlisco is a Dutch design and textile printing company with 174 years of history. Its origins are in batik printing for Indonesia but most of its history is in wax printing for West and Central Africa. From its beginning in Africa over 100 years ago Vlisco’s story is the story of African women. A group of exceptional, entrepreneurial women in Togo, called the ‘Nana Benz’ because of their liking for Mercedes cars, traded Vlisco cloth and influenced the choices of design and colour. African women took Vlisco prints into their hearts and into their culture; creating names for the designs, stories around their meaning and beautiful garments to express their individuality.
Vlisco is about African women and its love for Africa. It is also about its unique and complex wax-printing process and its magical designs, created in the Netherlands for African consumers. To work for Vlisco is to work in a company with the world’s biggest textile archive and with a factory that is steeped in expertise, still in Helmond, the place where it started. It is to work in a design-led company which honours and respects African women and which acknowledges the vibrancy and strength of Africa.
Are you interested?
If you are the candidate we are looking for, please apply by sending us your resume and cover letter. If you would like more information about this vacancy, you can reach out to Sjoerd Heijmans, Corporate Recruiter, +316-21401271.
Agency inquiries regarding this vacancy are not welcome.