We're on a mission to give travelers the power to plan, track and remember their trips in an easy and beautiful way.
Senior Product Designer
Senior Product Designer
Product Designer with pixel-perfection DNA!
About the job
Our constant innovation is done with a clear aim: to turn Polarsteps into the best travel app out there – which is probably why we've been featured multiple times in the App Store, as well as in Apple’s WWDC keynote speeches in both 2017 and 2018. All of this, of course, puts a massive smile on our face, but we're nowhere near done (and you could be a part of it).
- You'll be an early member of the creative team which means you'll have a significant impact on the Polarsteps’ user interface, visual brand, and Travel Books.
- Together with one of our Product Managers, you'll make sure to fulfill the vision of new and existing features. Your part in that? Designing beautiful and usable interfaces for iOS, Android, and web.
- As for process, you'll be prototyping and iterating based on Design Reviews with the product team, and interpreting learnings found in user testing and user feedback. You'll use the design & brand guidelines we already have, as well as creating and adapting new guidelines to make our already-pretty-great designs (in our opinion) even better.
- We believe in a collaborative environment so, during design Sessions, you'll not only get input on your own projects but also help out other designers on theirs.
- Together with the Product Manager, you make sure that developers implement your design as specced and that, before launching, the feature works as it should.
- Since we're a small team sometimes it's "all hands on deck", so next to your daily work you'll need to be willing to occasionally get your hands dirty on design projects that aren’t product focussed.
You will be valued for
- Being a seasoned professional with 5+ years of experience designing lovable products.
- Having a strong portfolio, with shipped designs, that demonstrates end-to-end (hybrid UX and UI) product design.
- Being a generalist so you can chip in on every aspect of design.
- Having designed for both native mobile apps and web.
- Having worked in an agile team environment.
- Being eager to be actively involved in the whole product development process. We need a designer to think and problem solve like product managers.
- Having worked with design tools like Figma/Sketch and prototyping tools like Framer/Protopie.
What’s in for you
As well as being part of our amazing journey, we have a couple of other things to offer. You know, perks... the cool stuff. Oh, and yes, that free flight to a random location you've heard about? It's true. Try it out and give our Teleporter a spin here.
- Travel, family time, relaxing in your garden – whatever you need to recharge your batteries – you'll have 28 days of vacay for all your adventures & desires
- We love to spend time together – whether it is during our daily team lunch, Friday drinks or our legendary road trips & outings – team Polarsteps is a happy lot that are always up for an adventure
- Love biking? Or do you prefer public transport? Either way, our office in downtown Amsterdam is easy to get to, and we will cover your travel costs!
- The second best thing about an unforgettable journey is the memories of it. That's why you'll have the opportunity to get all your travel memories in the form of beautiful Travel Books – for free :)
We're an Amsterdam-based team of 19 (and counting) with 10+ nationalities amongst us – a varied bunch of “Citizens of The World” with a range of cool skills and hundreds of thousands of kilometers under our travel belts. We also have something important in common (other than our very well-worn passports): We want to change the way people travel.
And that's exactly what we're doing, with the travel app to plan, track, and remember trips in a smart and beautiful way. Polarsteps has over 2 million users already, but, for us, this is just the start. You see, there are amazing new features on our roadmap, and we need even more talented & ambitious people to help us on our journey.
So, are you ready for your next adventure?