At Highstreet we are building the mobile direct-to-consumer app platform for fashion and lifestyle brands.
Mobile, UX, experienced
About the job
We are looking for an experienced and versatile product designer with an eye for details, simplicity and delightfulness. If you love beautiful software in general and UX of mobile apps specifically, and want to work in a company where design is entrenched in everything we do, then come join our team. You'll get the chance to work for worldwide fashion brands like G-Star RAW, Scotch & Soda, Vince, Golden Goose and many more.
Design @ Highstreet and your role
As a Product Designer at Highstreet you will be part of the design team. This team is responsible for the design driven culture that we have at Highstreet. This means you'll not just care for the design of our product but also be involved in how we present ourselves online, how we pitch to prospects and how the invite for the next team meeting is crafted. It's a challenging role that requires a broad skillset and with hardly ever a dull moment.
It's our ambition to offer the best mobile retail apps in the world. To accomplish that we continuously work on innovative features. You'll be responsible for taking these features from first ideas, all the way to final delivery in the App Store. Collaboration is essential within our team. You will be working closely with software engineers, testers, service engineers, and your fellow designers. The design team reports to Thijs, our CEO, with whom you will work closely to define the roadmap of Highstreet and craft the design vision.
Examples of projects and tasks you’ll be working on:
- Conceptualize, sketch, design, and prototype future app features and improvements;
- Work within the product team (with typically iOS, Android and backend engineers) on our ongoing releases;
- Maintain and define the roadmap of improvements and future features;
- Design ‘on-brand’ experiences for the brands we work for when they join our platform.
- Support sales & marketing to "wow" our customers with great presentations, animations etcetera
Who are you?
You are someone who is creative, visually oriented and likes to work in a team. Your portfolio shows you have an eye for detail. You are very passionate about mobile design and want to touch every pixel in our apps. You are always wondering how you can make things even better than they are today.
As a design-oriented person, you keep track of what goes on in the world of mobile design. An ideal candidate has experience with designing a mobile product at another company and is now looking for a job where they have even more influence on the final product and where the love for UX and design is shared at all levels of the company.
You are someone who is good at planning and ensures that you make your deadlines. Lastly, to fit in our team, you have to love innovation and you are keen to learn new things :-)
- Flourish in a culture of trust, ownership, and standard of excellence
- Work remotely whenever you want
- Possibility to work from our HQ at the heart of Utrecht (where delicious free lunches are provided daily and we’ve got weekly team drinks on Friday)
- Ability to work anywhere between 32-40 hours/week, on a flexible schedule
- 25 vacation days + 5 flex days
- Competitive compensation package based on skills and experience
- We pay 70% of your pension plan
- A bi-yearly get-together, either by bringing all team members to a special destination or by flying remote team members to Utrecht (when this is possible again, of course)
- You’ll be employed directly at Highstreet or through long-term contracting based on your location and personal preferences
Why you’ll love working with us
Within Highstreet you'll find a group of kind, humble, and very smart people who share a passion for great software, quality, and design. The company atmosphere is non-hierarchical and we foster a progressive and innovative environment based on freedom, flexibility, and responsibility. We are growing fast and while we are very serious about growing the platform, we also want to have fun along the way. Join us if you value a company where you can be yourself and can contribute to a progressive working environment for everyone.
What the hiring process will look like
- Personal interview with Petra, our Head of HR
- A second interview with the Design Team
- Assignment (a real business case) and a General Intelligence test (expect 4-8 hours of work, in your own time)
- Assignment Review call with the Design team
- Final meeting with Thijs (CEO)
- We'll make you an offer!
We can unfortunately only consider candidates who hold a valid EU Passport or Dutch work permit.
We are looking for the following skills:
- Bachelor or Masters degree in UX design or related studies. But if you are a self-made type of person, please do not hesitate to contact us too.
- You have experience with most aspects of (interface) design for mobile devices.
- You have knowledge of and experience with Figma/Sketch and Adobe suite.
- Experience with prototyping tools like Protopie, Framer or Principle are a plus.
- In general, you have good analytical skills, an inquisitive attitude, and a good knowledge of English.
Apply to job
No items found.
View all jobs
View all internships