The Correspondent is an online platform for unbreaking news, committed to collaborative, constructive, ad-free journalism.
An experienced editorial designer skilled in making infographics and illustrations for transnational journalism on The Correspondent
About the job
We’re offering you a full-time job with a competitive salary and benefits, and the necessary equipment to do your work well, such as a company laptop and a desk in our newsroom in the centre of Amsterdam (whenever coronavirus permits it).
What will you be working on?
- Creating infographics from start to finish that are insightful, understandable and attractive.
- Making illustrations and graphic elements to accompany or tell stories in order to visualise the message to a wide audience.
- Designing elements for our journalism campaigns that are consistent with our brand identity.
- Visuals for our social media channels, such as Instagram, Twitter and our daily newsletter.
Does this sound like your cup of tea? Then we might be looking for you!
Who are you?
- You have experience as a digital designer, you have a journalistic heart and a strong moral compass.
- You are aware of what's going on in the world, you love to read and enjoy immersing yourself in journalism, at The Correspondent and in other media.
- You are experienced in designing for an editorial context.
- You’re a good communicator, fluent in English.
- Whether it's an infographic, an Instagram story or a campaign visual: you know how to take journalism to the next level with design and enjoy working on a diversity of projects.
- You are open to feedback, work well with others and like to collaborate with other different disciplines on the editorial team.
- You’re able to be proactive, flexible and work well – and to a high standard – to tight deadlines.
- You have the urge to innovate the role of visual communication in journalism. You have a large frame of reference and are well informed about contemporary developments in the field of design and journalism.
- You are a master of Illustrator and Photoshop and are well acquainted with InDesign and Sketch.
- You are based in Amsterdam or nearby and willing to travel.